Friday 26th June 2020.
June 26, 2020
- The report of the Ministry of Health (Minsa) this Thursday, June 25 revealed that in the last 24 hours there were 17 deaths from Covid-19 and 1,007 new cases. These figures increase the deaths to 564 and the accumulated cases of the new coronavirus to 29,037.
- The National Government installed on Thursday, the health advisory council whose main task will be to serve as advisory body to President Laurentino Cortizo in strategies to continue the fight against Covid-19.
- A total of 47 officials of the Judicial Branch have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus, which has forced the closure of some courts to prevent the spread of the disease to workers and users of the system.
- The province of Los Santos reports only two positive new cases of Covid -19 in the month of June to total 22 cases of the disease.
- Luis Enrique Martinelli Linares, son of ex-president Ricardo Martinelli requested authorization to enter the country on a humanitarian flight, the day after having entered the two bonds – one for $ 2 million and the other for $ 5 million – to avoid being detained as part of the investigations in the Odebrecht and Blue Apple cases , respectively.
- The fiscal Marta Sánchez informed at the conclusion of the evidence control hearing that Judge Irene Cedeño validated the evidence presented by her at the control hearing of former President Juan Carlos Varela; the ex-minister Carlos Dubois, the ex-treasurer of the Panameñista party Jaime Lasso and his daughter Michelle Lasso.
- The Fourth Criminal Court rejected an incident of nullity presented by José Carrizo Mérida , legal representative of the company In House Advertising Inc. , within the process that is followed for the alleged commission of the crime against economic assets to the detriment of Corporación La Prensa, SA (Corprensa) .
- Panama coordinated the morning of this Thursday, June 25, the repatriation of 295 foreign seafarers who were on board several ships and who were unable to travel to their countries due to the Covid-19 pandemic.