Monday 22nd June 2020.
June 22, 2020
- The epidemiological report of the Ministry of Health (Minsa) on this Sunday, June 21, registers 808 new cases of the new coronavirus and 8 deaths in the last 24 hours. These figures increase the accumulated cases of Covid-19 to 26,030 and the deaths rise to 501.
- The director of the Social Security Fund (CSS), Enrique Lau Cortés, reported on Sunday, that they are continuing with the process of readjustment of the Doctor Arnulfo Arias Madrid Hospital Complex to care for patients with Covid-19 .
- The 64 beds assigned to the care of Covid-19 patients , including five intensive care beds, are at their maximum capacity in the Nicolás A. Solano Hospital in La Chorrera,
- While citizens question the $ 50,000 fine imposed on the ruling Democratic Revolutionary Party (PRD) , arguing that the deputies should have been individually sanctioned for assembling in a restaurant in the midst of quarantine, Pedro Miguel González , the party’s general secretary, bears all responsibility regarding the matter.
- A hearing to control evidence will take place this Thursday, June 25, with regard to the complaint filed by lawyers Sidney Sitton and Miguel Antonio Bernal against former President of the Republic Juan Carlos Varela and other members of the Panamanian Party
- The agreement reached between the Panamanian Chamber of Construction (Capac) and the Single Union of Construction Workers (Suntracs) contemplated payments to workers up until last May 31, which creates more pressure on an industry that has been paralyzed since March 25, following the Covid-19 pandemic.