Monday 29th June 2020.
June 29, 2020
- 12 deaths caused by Covid-19 in the last 24 hours, has brought the number of deaths in Panama to 604, as reported this Sunday by the Ministry of Health (Minsa). Through a statement, the entity reveals that the total accumulated cases of the new coronavirus increased to 31,686, after the 1,028 new cases reported.
- Two new conglomerates of Covid-19 patients were detected this week, in the Arnulfo Arias Madrid Hospital Complex of the Social Security Fund (CSS ), this was reported by the director Enrique Lau Cortés, during the tour he made this Sunday, to learn first-hand about the capacity of this hospital center.
- The province of Bocas del Toro exceeded a thousand cases of coronavirus this weekend.
- According to figures from the Ministry of Health (Minsa) the spread of the virus advanced rapidly: at least 80 cases in 24 hours. In total, the province reports 1,015 cases.
- Municipal authorities of Los Santos asked this Sunday to the director general of the National Police, Jorge Miranda, to prepare an inventory of the police from Sante who work outside the province, so that they are located in the province so that contagion with Covid-19 is avoided.
- The Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture of Panama (Cciap) recommended on Sunday, to the Government to review the activities and regions that may be opening, given the delay in the decision to open the blocks.
- Next July, the moratoriums granted by the banks to their clients will begin to expire and the second phase of this plan will begin, in an attempt to extend financial relief to families and companies amid the crisis of the new coronavirus.
- Customers of the electricity distribution companies Ensa and Naturgy (Edemet-Edechi) who decide to apply for the moratorium on electricity services in the last four months must fill out a form that appears on the website of both companies.
- Despite having posted bonds to avoid arrest, Luis Enrique Martinelli Linares must appear before the Special Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office, to present his defense in the investigation for alleged money laundering related to the bribes that Odebrecht admitted having paid in Panama.