The News Wednesday 1st July 2020.
July 1, 2020
- The Ministry of Health (Minsa) reported Tuesday, that in the last 24 hours, 765 new cases of coronavirus were reported (after the application of 1,981 tests) and 11 new deaths, for a total of 631 deaths.To date, the accumulated number of people infected by Covid-19 total 33,550.
- On Tuesday afternoon, the Minister of Labor and Labor Development, Doris Zapata , received a report containing the 23 agreements reached between the private sector, workers and the Ministry of Labor and Labor Development (as mediator) from the table for the economy and labor development.
- Some 372 contracts have been reactivated in Herrera province out of a total of 4 thousand 305 that were suspended, according to the latest report from the Ministry of Labor and Labor Development (Mitradel) .
- A total of 1,388 vehicles and 2,456 people were returned in June at the entrances of Ocú and Santa María, as a security measure to prevent the advance of Covid-19 in the province of Herrera.
- The Panamanian Association of Business Executives (Apede) called on the Government to have effective leadership to face the effects of the coronavirus pandemic , and at the same time suggested that the economic reactivation be done safely by regions and not by blocks.
- The confidence of the Panamanian consumer fell in the month of June, pressured by the concern in the homes about the labor situation of the next 12 months, as revealed on Tuesday, from a study developed by The Marketing Group and the Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture of Panama (Cciap) .