Thursday 18th June 2020.
June 18, 2020
- In the last 24 hours, 13 new deaths were registered due to the new coronavirus and 635 new cases, the Ministry of Health (Minsa) reported on Wednesday. Lourdes Moreno, head of epidemiology at Minsa, explained that 101 days have passed since the first case was detected in the country and the accumulated number of people who have been infected to date total 22,597.
- The plenary session of the National Assembly approved on Wednesday afternoon in the second debate, amendments to Bill No. 287, which dictates economic and financial measures to counteract the effects of the pandemic by Covid-19.
- A study by the Gorgas Commemorative Institute for Health Studies (Icges) revealed a mutation in Panama of SARS-CoV-2, causing the Covid-19 disease.
- In the district of San Miguelito there are two corregimientos that are among those that present more cases of coronavirus and for this reason the regional directorate of Health intensified the tests to detect the virus.
- The Ministry of Education (Meduca) reported that classes in the official sector and those private schools that paralyzed classes will resume on July 20, through the remote modality of radio and television.
- The Ministry of the Presidency disclosed information on the Panama Solidarity program, which is being executed to face the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The United States Department of Transportation (DOT) announced that it fined Compañía Panameña de Aviación, SA (Copa) with $ 450,000 for ‘illegally’ transporting passengers between the United States and Venezuela through a stopover point.