Thursday 25th June 2020.
June 25, 2020
- In Panama, deaths from Covid-19 have increased to 547 and accumulated cases add up to 28,030, the Ministry of Health (Minsa) reported this Wednesday, June 24 .
- A few days after completing his first year as president of the country, Laurentino Nito Cortizo announced this Wednesday, June 24, changes in the Ministry of Health, Social Development and Housing and Land Management.
- The Vice Minister of Health, Luis Francisco Sucre, announced that the gradual opening of the following economic blocks will be different in each area of the country, reiterating that it will depend on the behavior of the coronavirus and the population.
- The Technical Council of Public Health gave the green light for the complete opening of the recently inaugurated Integrated Hospital Panama Solidario (modular hospital in Albrook), the Ministry of Health (Minsa) reported on Wednesday June 24 .
- The Association of Automobile Distributors of Panama (ADAP) asked the Government to open sales channels to get out of some 20 thousand units in inventory, as well as define an action plan to avoid the loss of jobs.
- Some clients of the railway, that connects the port of Balboa, in the Pacific, with the port hub of the Atlantic, will move the containers by land and sea while the damage to the structure of the Gamboa bridge that was hit by a ship Tuesday is repaired..