Thursday 26th August 2021.
August 26, 2021
- The Ministry of Health (Minsa) reported this Wednesday that in the last 24 hours 864 new cases of Covid-19 have been registered , while the number of active cases is 8,582. According to the data of the epidemiological report to date, 11,937 tests were applied and the 864 new cases represent a positivity of 7.2%.Since the pandemic arrived in the country, in March 2020, the country accumulates 438,725 confirmed cases of the new coronavirus and a total of 454,330 recovered. Likewise, it is specified that in the last 24 hours four deaths were reported and one death from a previous date is added, to total 7,023 since the beginning of the pandemic and a lethality of 1.5% The Minsa advises that the number of active cases is 8,582. There are 8,194 in home isolation, of which 7,955 are at home and 239 in hospital hotels. Regarding the hospitalized, it is detailed that there are 388, of this number 279 are in the ward and 109 are in intensive care.
- The Minister of Education, Maruja Gorday de Villalobos , confirmed Wednesday, that schools that do not have the minimum criteria that guarantee biosecurity will continue to teach classes at a distance.
- After being suspended for 17 months, as of this Tuesday, the disembarkation and embarkation of travelers from cruise ships, yachts, boats or any other vessel dedicated to the transport of international passengers is authorized.
- Deputies Raúl Pineda , from the Democratic Revolutionary Party (PRD), and Edison Broce , from the independent bench, had a strong altercation in the middle of the legislative session of the Budget Commission, this Wednesday, August 25, 2021. The event occurred at a time when the director of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Authority ( Ampyme ), Oscar Ramos, supported the entity’s budget for 2022
- The National Secretariat for Children, Adolescents and the Family (Senniaf) assured that the complaints about alleged abuse of adolescents in shelters in the country – and those that were exposed yesterday, Tuesday, in the Commission for Women, Children, Youth and the Family of the National Assembly – they were already known to the Public Ministry (MP), the entity in charge of the investigations.
- Representatives of Jers Medical Panama, the state contractor that administers the rapid detection tests for Covid-19 , called a press conference this Wednesday, to denounce what they consider “a dirty campaign” against them, which –According to them– it is led by the competition.
- The Office of the Attorney General of the Nation reported that seven people were captured this Wednesday, August 25, in the “Hook” operation, for their alleged links to cases of kidnapping and extortion. According to the entity, the investigation is under the charge of the First Superior Prosecutor’s Office against Organized Crime and the operation was carried out with the support of the National Police. The group was detained after conducting raids in the provinces of Panama, Oeste Panama and Chiriquí.