Tuesday 10th April 2018. Feisty foodie and 15-20 minute meals.
April 10, 2018
Tuesdays last hour is about food with our Feisty Foodie Sara Solomon. Today 15 to 20 minute dinners.
- Spaghetti or penne with Bolognese sauce
- My suggestions for a quick Bolognese is: chop up some onion and garlic and throw it into a sauté pan. Add defrosted ground beef, season with salt and pepper (unless the meat is kosher, then don’t use salt). If you want to be fancy, you can simmer about ¼ cup of red wine (if you have a bottle open, or want to drink some with dinner)
- Add in a can I crushed tomatoes, if you don’t have that, a jar of pasta sauce is an easy substitute
- A few shakes of Worcestershire sauce, a little bit of ketchup for a little sweet, some crushed chili peppers for a little heat
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes, meanwhile you have the pasta cooking (make sure the water is salted)
- Plate, sprinkle with Parmesan and enjoy!
- Chicken or shrimp Stir fry
- Cube up chicken breast into 1” pieces and crush up a little garlic
- Cut up whatever veggies you have on hand, I usually have onion, red pepper, carrots and broccoli, but snow peas, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, cauliflower or cabbage would all be great. TIP: Make sure the veggies are all around the same size, unless it’s the sprouts, which you would throw in near the end. NOTE: The veggies will cook really quickly, you want them to stay a little crunchy and still be bright in colour
- Heat a little bit of veg oil (add a little touch of sesame oil, if you have) in a pan and start cooking the chicken with the garlic
- Add a some shakes of soy sauce, a touch of honey, a little bit of crushed chili pepper
- Once the chicken is just about fully cooked and a little golden on the outside, add in the vegetables and sauté so they are fully coated and incorporated
- Add about ¼ cup of water and cover for about 2 minutes
- Remove the lid, toss again to coat. You may want to add another couple of shakes of soy (or just have it on the table). I usually eat a veg or 2 to check the seasoning
- Serve and enjoy. It can be carb free or you can make rice or rice noodles (for a quicker option)
- Cheesy Scrambles Eggs
- Quickest and easiest option. Chives make a great addition at the end
- Add in vegetables, if you want (I usually don’t)
- The key is low and slow and keeping it moving to get small curds. It takes a little more time, but the eggs are velvety and so so yummy. Make sure to take it out of the pan, just before it looked fully done, it will finish cooking on the plate
- Super easy!
- Start the same as the Bolognese, with the onion and garlic, then add the ground beef
- Add in taco seasoning and simmer
- Meantime shred iceberg lettuce, dice tomato and a little bit of red onion (if you want), shred some cheese and grab a jar of salsa
- Warm the tacos and serve
- If you don’t have tacos, the Tostito scoops make a great option, if they aren’t all smashed when you bought them!
Fifteenth criminal judge Leslie Loaiza toughened the precautionary measures applied against Guillermo Ferrufino , Minister of Social Development during the last government.
The Electoral Tribunal (TE) went out of step with the accusations made by the Public Ministry, which blamed them for delaying the investigation of the “Blue Apple” case.
The Panamanian lawyers of the Trump Organization alerted the government of Panamanian President Juan Carlos Varela that the “irregularities” surrounding the eviction of that firm from the administration of a hotel in the capital may end up affecting the State, because they are a “clear violation” of the investment protection treaty in force between the two countries.
Panama ‘feels attacked’ by the economic and financial measures taken by Venezuela against 22 persons and 46 institutions as a measure to protect the Venezuelan financial system.
The young Panamanian José Alejandro Rodríguez was distinguished among the 10 young emerging leaders of the world by the United States Department of State. Rodríguez is part of the Ayudinga Foundation, which develops educational videos on social networks for students of all ages. It also belongs to the group Youth for Education.