Tuesday 10th July 2018. An Australian’s story and Feisty Foodie Sara.
July 10, 2018
In the second hour of this mornings program we have Robert McIntosh with us. I have been fortunate enough to have know Bob since arriving in Panama. In fact it was Bob that introduced me to the head of Cool FM and that is how we got to work with the station. Bob has put on paper his story of a young boy raised in the outback of Australia, the trials and tribulations his love for nature and how he came to live and work in Panama. Today we talk about his childhood and over the next couple of weeks we will follow his journey to Panama.
In the last hour today we have our Feisty Foodie back with us after a trip up to Canada. Armed with plenty of goodies for us to try this morning and also a couple of recipes which you will find after the news segment below.
An Intense week in the Supreme Court of Justice, in relation to the process following Ricardo Martinelli. On Monday, the indictment hearing resumed; Wednesday, there is an extraordinary plenary session to decide if the Court maintains the jurisdiction of the case, and on Thursday, a hearing will be held with all the magistrates, to consider two appeals
Alcibiades Méndez and Gilberto Ventura Ceballos, a Dominican national, were sentenced by the Second Superior Court to 50 years in prison for the crimes of aggravated homicide and kidnapping to the detriment of five university students .
The judge of guarantees of the province of Chiriqui , Zaida Romero, sentenced three Colombian citizens to 100 months in prison for the crime of international drug trafficking.
Citizens of several sectors of the capital began to sound their pailas and turn off the lights of their residences at about 8:00 pm this Sunday, July 8, in protest of the increase in the electricity tariff for the second half of this 2018
The queen of the National Festival of Pollera, Librada Cecilia Urriola Cardona , triumphantly entered the city of Las Tablas on the afternoon on Saturday, July 7, with which the festivities begins in honor of the typical Panamanian costume.
Greek style Lamb Chops
- 1/2 cup Greek olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for lemons
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 racks of lamb, 8 chops each, trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 lemons, cut in 1/2 crosswise
- Sprigs oregano and thyme, for garnish
- Whisk together oil, garlic and thyme in a shallow large baking dish. Add the chops and turn to coat. Cover and marinate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours in the refrigerator (or overnight, if desired)
- Remove the chops from the refrigerator 20 minutes before grilling.
- Heat grill to high and grill the chops for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium doneness. Remove and rest for 2 minutes. Slice into individual chops.
- Brush the cut side of the lemons with the oil and grill, cut side down on high for 1 minute. Turn lemons 45 degrees to make hatch marks and remove.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the platter of chops. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh sprigs of oregano and thyme, Serve the remaining grilled lemons on the platter with the chops.
Roasted Potatoes with Garlic, Lemon, and Oregano
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 13-x-9-inch baking dish and pour the oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste and toss well to coat with the oil.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Add the stock, toss and bake for 30 minutes more. Add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the potatoes are cooked through. If you like, preheat the broiler and broil the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and serve at once.
Tip: You can also use baby potatoes, cooking time might be slightly reduced. Test with a fork
Greek salad…with lettuce or village? It’s all about high quality ingredients!