Tuesday 17th December 2019. Feisty Foodie Sara and Christmas Cocktails.
December 17, 2019
This Candy Cane Peppermint Vodka only has 3 ingredients:
- Plain vodka
- Vanilla vodka
- Peppermint flavoured candy canes
You’ll also need a 1-quart mason jar and a cheesecloth.
Making liquor infusions is very easy. This will take less than 5 minutes to put together.
STEP 2: Add broken up candy canes (the liquid should cover the candy canes).
STEP 3: Place in a cool, dark location for 3-4 days. Shake periodically to mix any candy sediment into the liquid.
STEP 4: When the vodka flavor is to your liking, strain through 2 layers of cheesecloth (removes any undissolved candy cane). Seal in a jar in a cool, dark location until using.
- TIPS: The candy canes will dissolve in probably less than an hour. Allow the infusion sit undisturbed for about 4 days to let the flavors to fully develop.
- Also these beautiful, all natural, organic candy canes lost the gorgeous pink luster when infused leaving a dingy, wash-water hue vodka. Try adding a few drops of pink coloring to perk it up.
- If you use an artificially colored candy cane you will most likely find its color to remain in the infused vodka.
- Do not use green and red striped candy canes. They will create a dingy colored vodka.
CANDY CANE & CHOCOLATE MARTINI
- 3 ounces Candy Cane Vodka
- 2 ounces Crème de Cacao , clear (no color)
- Dash Angostura Bitters
- 2 6-inch Candy Canes (to turn into cocktail glass rimming sugar)
Add Candy Cane vodka, Crème de Cacao, Bitters and ice to a shaker; shake and strain into a rimmed cocktail glass.
NOTE: do not select non-clear Crème de Cacao or you’ll have a brown cocktail.
TIP: Put candy canes into a blender or mini chopper. Process the candy canes until making a granulated sugar.
- coarse salt for the rim
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 ounces Tequila
- 2 ounces white cranberry juice
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- lime for garnish
- fresh cranberries for garnish
- rosemary for garnish
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- Rim each glass with a lime wedge and dip in the coarse salt. Fill each glass with ice.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the grand marnier, tequila, cranberry juice, lime juice and syrup and shake for 30 to 60 seconds. pour over the ice. Garnish with extra limes and fresh cranberries! Throw in a sprig of rosemary if you wish.
- Stir together the water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the sugar dissolves and bring the mixture to a simmer. Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
Perhaps you have some kids or guests that prefer something without alcohol, so how about trying this Cranberry Apple Cider Punch? You an have it beautifully displayed in a punch bowl and have the glasses with the garnish all ready to go. That way you don’t have time to mix individual drinks, and your guests can help themselves.
4 cups apple cider, chilled
2 cups cranberry juice cocktail, chilled
2 cups ginger ale, chilled
1 can (12oz.) frozen orange juice concentrate
apple slices & orange slices for garnish
frozen cranberries, optional for garnish
or rosemary cranberry sprig for individual garnish
In a 4 quart container, combine cider, juice, and orange juice concentrate. Refrigerate until serving time.
Just before serving pour punch into punch bowl and add chilled ginger ale. Garnish with frozen cranberries, apple & orange slices.
If you want to add some booze, I suggest some vodka and maybe a touch of brandy or triple sec.
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary or mint leaves
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- In a small saucepan, combine blackberries, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil on high heat, and then reduce to a simmer and let cook for approximately 15-17 minutes. The blackberries will become soft and bright in color and a pinkish purple syrup will form. Making sure it cooks down enough is essential to keeping the ombre effect. Take off of the heat and drain the blackberries, keeping the syrup in a separate bowl. Set both aside and allow to cool.
- Once blackberries and simple syrup are cooled, spoon about 4 tablespoons of syrup into the bottom of each champagne flute (this recipe makes 4 drinks)
- Top with Prosecco
Garnish with fresh blackberries and a sprig of rosemary or a few mint leave
In his first statements after his appointment by the Cabinet Council as attorney general of the Nation, Eduardo Ulloa, affirmed before the Credentials Committee of the National Assembly, that he does not answer to any political or economic interest.
The president of the Supreme Court of Justice (CSJ), Hernán De León , stepped out of the criticisms that are made against the magistrates for the expenses on trips they make abroad.
The Directorate General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries of the European Union (DG Mare) sanctioned Panama, with a yellow card for not making sufficient efforts to eradicate illegal, unreported or unregulated fishing (Indnr).
The National Aqueduct and Sewer Institute (Idaan) reported that, as of January 2020, it will implement a restructuring of the billing cycles of the Panama Metro region.
Panamanian athlete César Barría won this Sunday the Open Water World Championship called Oceanman, in the 10 kilometers of the Inspiration category.