Tuesday 18th August 2020.
August 18, 2020
In the eight o’clock hour my guest on the phone is Stephanie Lezcano, out topic is the upcoming Micro Project Challenge, what is it? “The Micro Project Challenge is a weekend event where professional women will share valuable conversations, creative workshops, high-impact solutions and networking opportunities with other women freelancers and potential clients.The event will be online during August 28, 29 and 30 with a $10 ticket. We will have specialists in marketing, sales, communications, nutrition, gastronomy, branding, architecture, professional development, illustration, mental health and more exhibiting their knowledge and experience. The objective of the event is to connect the supply of services with the demand of companies and entrepreneurs in real time creating a space to connect, innovate, inspire and show the world the talents of professional women. We also open the call to companies that require professional services to participate and connect with the best freelancers! The event is organized by Women Achieve (womenachieve.io), a platform that promotes and connects women freelancers with SMEs and entrepreneurs. We want more women to have the opportunity to achieve their goals, while doing freelance work that they are passionate about.”
Social Media: Instagram: @womenachieve Twitter: @ourwomenachieve
And it is as always our Feisty Foodie Sara in the last hour. We catch up on “What will Zacary eat” this week it is special meat ball recipe. Also I ask what we can use mascapone for?
Moist and Juicy Meatballs (and a meatball sub!)
4 oz fresh white bread, crusts removed and bread cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 unpacked cups)
1/3 cup buttermilk, plus more as needed (you can use reg milk, if not available)
1 small white onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 oz grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated, plus more for serving
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, minced
3 teaspoons kosher salt (14 grams; see note)
Freshly ground black pepper
3 ounces fatty pancetta, finely minced
4 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pound ground beef (at least 25% fat)
1 pound ground pork (at least 25% fat)
1 teaspoon ground fennel seed (optional)
5 cups tomato sauce
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine bread with buttermilk (or reg milk), tossing to coat. Let stand, tossing occasionally, until bread is completely moist, about 10 minutes. Squeeze bread between your fingers or mash with a spoon to make sure there are no dry spots; if there are dry spots that refuse to moisten, add more buttermilk 1 tablespoon at a time until bread is moist throughout.
- Add onion, garlic, Parmigiano-Reggiano, parsley, salt, pepper, pancetta, egg yolks, oregano, and fennel to bread/buttermilk mixture.
- Set mixer bowl in stand mixer and attach paddle. Starting at low speed and gradually increasing to medium-high speed, beat bread mixture until thoroughly blended, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary. Add 1/3 each of the beef and pork and beat at medium-high speed until thoroughly blended with bread mixture.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer and add remaining beef and pork. Using a clean hand, gently mix meatball mixture, teasing apart ground meat with your fingers, just until ground beef and pork are thoroughly distributed throughout; avoid mixing any more than is necessary for even distribution.
- Preheat broiler and set oven rack in upper position. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Form meatball mixture into balls slightly larger than a golf ball and arrange on prepared baking sheet; you should be able to make 12-14. Broil meatballs until browned on top, about 6-7 minutes (browning times can vary dramatically, depending on oven broiler strength).
- Heat tomato sauce in a medium pot until simmering and add meatballs. Simmer until meatballs are just cooked through and register about 145°F on an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs, spooning sauce all over and grating more cheese on top.
To make a “Zacary’s Mouthwatering Meatball Sub”
Gently toast a soft hoagie bun and line with sliced mozzarella cheese. Spoon on about 3-6 meatballs (depending on the length of your bun), spoon over some tomato sauce and top with parmesan cheese (and a sprinkle of parsley if Zacary’s not around)!